As we all recognise, professional and high quality kitchen renovations in Brisbane can significantly increase the value of your home. The emphasis is on ‘professional’ and ‘high quality’, because unless you are a renovation expert, any changes you might make on your own, might not lead to the increase in value you anticipated.
The budget for your kitchen fit out shouldn’t exceed a maximum of 6% of your home’s market value, otherwise you could overcapitalise and not get a good return on your investment. For example, if your property is worth $500K then your maximum budget for kitchen renovations in Brisbane would be $30K. As a comparison, the budget for a commercial kitchen fit out can easily reach $100K or more.
If you want to add value to your home with a new kitchen fit out, here are the JEB BUILT top 5 tips.
- Selecting your colours: If you want your kitchen to stand the test of time you will need to keep to a very simple colour palette. You will need to avoid trendy colours, such as bright red cabinets or a lime green bench top, instead kitchen renovations in Brisbane need to keep to neutral colours that you will still love in 5 years.
- Open floor plans: Whilst open floor plans have been extremely popular for many years, some home owners now find that they prefer some separation between their living spaces. Make sure that the design style you select for your new kitchen fit out will still work for your family in a few years, as well as today.
- Spend on bench tops: It pays to spend your money on a quality bench top, because this is one of the biggest and most noticeable areas in your kitchen. Whatever type of material you chose for your bench tops, make sure that they are hard wearing and heat and stain resistant.
- Spend on appliances: Good quality appliances, such as your stove, oven, fridge/freezer, and dishwasher will last you for years – if you buy quality items. So spend well on your big appliances for your kitchen fit out and save money on not buying trendy gadgets that you won’t ever use more than once.
- Increase storage: One of our biggest tips is to maximise the amount of storage you have during your kitchen renovations. You can never have too much storage in a kitchen, so consult a designer and go big on storage.
For a professional commercial kitchen fit out, as well as quality kitchen renovations in Brisbane, get a quote online today.